National Museum of Agriculture - permanent expositions
National Museum of Agriculture (Národní zemědělské muzeum), Kostelní 44, Praha 7 - Holešovice, 170 00
- The exhibition builds the image of hunting as a lifestyle, attitude, mission, profession and hobby. In ways both experiential and educational it conveys the history of hunting and hunting privileges, the procession through the hunting year, and other information from the hunting domain.
LABORATORY OF SILENCE
- An audiovisual installation from the Czech pavilion of World EXPO 2015 depicting a living woodland set in a futuristic laboratory. Thanks to modern technology, visitors can gain an insight into the woodland habitat at the cellular level. Submerge into silence, let the quiet envelop you and open up to an experience that’s quite out of the ordinary.
- This modern interactive exhibition presents fishing not only as a food phenomenon, but also in conjunction with fish-reservoir management, an important human activity that has shaped the landscape for centuries. The exposition is livened up with large aquariums containing live freshwater fish, and a chance to peek into a beaver den.
ALL ABOUT BEER – BRINGING HOPS TO THE TABLE
- The exposition maps the wonderful wealth of history, tradition and present-day aspects of Czech beer brewing. It introduces visitors in detail to the brewers’ main ingredients – water, malt and hops, and the methods of brewing beer from the earliest times to the present. Is also depicts related disciplines, such as the ice-handling and cooperage that our beer-brewing is inseparably connected with.
THERE GOES A TRACTOR – A COLLECTION OF AGRICULTURAL TECHNIQUES AT THE NMA
- An expanse of 520 m2 dotted with 20 of the most important items – tractors, thresher engines and motor threshers. The layout is conceived as a developing story that takes the visitor through the whole history of mechanizing the hard work of farming. The exposition is interactive in nature and encompasses electronic games, game consoles, educational and training programmes for schools.