National Museum of Agriculture - permanent expositions
National Museum of Agriculture (Národní zemědělské muzeum), Kostelní 44, Praha 7 - Holešovice, 170 00
- The exhibition builds the image of hunting as a lifestyle, attitude, mission, profession and hobby. In ways both experiential and educational it conveys the history of hunting and hunting privileges, the procession through the hunting year, and other information from the hunting domain.
LABORATORY OF SILENCE
- An audiovisual installation from the Czech pavilion of World EXPO 2015 depicting a living woodland set in a futuristic laboratory. Thanks to modern technology, visitors can gain an insight into the woodland habitat at the cellular level. Submerge into silence, let the quiet envelop you and open up to an experience that’s quite out of the ordinary.
- This modern interactive exhibition presents fishing not only as a food phenomenon, but also in conjunction with fish-reservoir management, an important human activity that has shaped the landscape for centuries. The exposition is livened up with large aquariums containing live freshwater fish, and a chance to peek into a beaver den.
THERE GOES A TRACTOR – A COLLECTION OF AGRICULTURAL TECHNIQUES AT THE NMA
- An expanse of 520 m2 dotted with 20 of the most important items – tractors, thresher engines and motor threshers. The layout is conceived as a developing story that takes the visitor through the whole history of mechanizing the hard work of farming. The exposition is interactive in nature and encompasses electronic games, game consoles, educational and training programmes for schools.
WATER IN THE LANDSCAPE
- The exposition explores water as the basis of life, as a landscape element, as a powerful element, as something what helps people. The symbol of the exposition remains to be a human, for whom water is essential for life, who can tame it but also play with it.
Discovery room is not a typical exposition; much more it resembles a laboratory. Visitors can explore here news relating to expositions and agricultural branches which are presented in the National Museum of Agriculture. It is also a venue for lectures, workshops and education programmes.
A garden at the rooftop offers not only a unique view at Prague; you can buy Czech quality products here and simultaneously make a picnic. A herb corner is just the icing on the cake.
- The exposition Gastronomy is intended for children as well as professionals. It is a children gastronomic area as well as a gastro studio which offers a unique view at food and food preparation. The food is a necessity, a pleasure and a joy. Children can explore the history of food, seasonal foods and different natural environments which of course have an impact on food.