1917 – 2017
DOX Centre for Contemporary Art, Poupětova 1, Praha 7 - Holešovice, 17000
- 27. 10. 2017 – 8. 1. 2018
- 1917 – 2017 is a project of the Russian curator Sergej Serov, who asked distinguished designers and graphic artists to express their opinion through the means of posters towards the Russian Revolution which happened before 100 years.
- The project was realised within the International Biennale of Graphic Design in Moscow – Golden Bee 13 and it became a kind of art research – an open platform for monitoring of visual considerations, experiences and opinions concerning the revolutionary events. 70 graphic designers from 30 countries participate in the project. To the open call, it was sent more than 1500 works from 50 countries.
- 100 works from the projects were selected which will create an exposition for the Biennale Golden Bee in 2018. A broader selection – 500 works – will be available for curators, exhibition committees in Russian and abroad.
- The project 1917 – 2017 was quite popular. The Association of researches of Russian society has done a special research concerning this topic; a special publication has been prepared by the magazine Decorative Art, several museums have planned their own exhibitions. The up-coming exhibitions of the project 1917-2017 will be held in Germany, Great Britain, Montenegro and the USA.