Jiřího z Poděbrad Square
Jiřího z Poděbrad Square was established in 1896 and was previously called King George Square (Náměstí krále Jiřího). Its name was changed to the current one in 1948. The majority of the square is a city park, built in the 19th and 20th centuries on the site where there were originally gardens. The square is dominated by the exceptional Church of the Most Sacred Heart of Our Lord (Kostel Nejsvětějšího Srdce Páně) from 1928-1932, a work of the renowned architect of Slovenian origin Josip Plečnik.