Church of St. Ignatius (Kostel sv. Ignáce)
This Early Baroque church was originally part of the former Jesuit dormitory (allegedly the third largest Jesuit complex in Europe), which today serves as a teaching hospital. A dominant feature of Karlovo Square, the church was built from 1665 to 1671 by the architect Carlo Lurago. The interior impresses visitors with its rich Baroque decoration and the effect of scattered light. The furnishings come primarily from the period around the year 1770.
REGULAR ROMAN CATHOLIC MASSES:
- Mo - Fr 6.15, 7.30, 17.30
- Sa 6.30, 7.30, 17.30
- Su 7.00, 9.00, 11.00 (latin), 17.30
Opening hours for tourists:
daily 6.00 - 12.00, 15.30 - 18.30