Breadcrumbs navigation

U Milosrdných St.

  • Map

U Milosrdných St. leads around the oldest wing of the hospital and monastery of the Brothers of Charity, who have run the hospital since 1620. In 1847, the first operation performed under anesthesia in the entire Austro-Hungarian Empire took place here. Another building on the riverfront is the Na Františku city hospital. It was founded here around 1360 and has been in continuous operation since that time. It’s one of the oldest medical facilities in central Europe.

  • Monuments & Architecture
  • square/street

Contacts

  • U Milosrdných St.
  • Ulice U Milosrdných
  • Praha 1