Villa Richter (Richterova vila)
Villa Richter is an important Classicist monument from the year 1832, and forms an eye-catching architectonic landmark when passing through Chotkovy Park. It stands in the St Wenceslas vineyard, the oldest vineyard in Bohemia. Exceptional views of romantic Prague are enhanced by sitting in one of three diverse restaurants focused on experiential dining.
It can be found in the St. Václav’s Vineyard below the Richter’s House, to be accessed from the Old Castle Stairs or via a wicket from the Black Tower. The building of architect J. Peschka from 1832 is one of the most significant Classicist villas in Prague, together with the Kinský Summer House. It was the seat of the Cuban Embassy after the war, and later of the State Security Administration; film director O. Vávra used to live here at one time. Since 1992, the villa has been under the administration of the Prague Castle Administration. In July 2004, the Prague Castle Administration organized a public business tender for repair and lease of the object and the restoration of the adjacent St. Václav’s Vineyard. Since the 20th June 2008, the villa and the vineyard have been accessible for public. There are panels installed in the vineyard, informing about the history of Czech winegrowing. There is a restaurant inside the villa, and two restaurants are located outside.