Church of St Giles (Kostel sv. Jiljí)
This monumental three-aisled church was built on the foundations of a Romanesque church from the 14th century. In 1625 the church was donated to the Dominican order, which has served here and in the adjacent monastery ever since. The church was remodelled in Baroque style. The frescoes decorating the interior are by Wenzel Lorenz Reiner, who was one of the leading Czech Baroque painters and whose remains are interred here.
REGULAR ROMAN CATHOLIC MASSES:
- Mo - Su 18.30
- Su 9.30, 12.00 - in Polish
Sightseeing possible from behind the grid in foyer or just after the mass, large groups by telephone appointment only.
regular concerts of classical and church music
Information source: http://praha.op.cz