The church was a part of the Capuchin monastery founded in 1630 by Gerhard of Questenberg. This simple rectangular unadorned Capuchin-style building with a small courtyard in which there are Baroque sandstone sculptures of St Jude Thaddeus and two angels under vaulted roofs, also has an unpretentious interior. The Prussian siege of Prague in 1757 is commemorated by two cannonballs embedded in the church walls.
REGULAR ROMAN CATHOLIC MASSES:
- Mo - Fr 7.00; 18.00
- Su 8.00; 10.00; 17.00
- Su 20.00 (except July, August)
Sightseeing possible Mo - Fr 6.15 - 11.30, 12.15 - 19.15, Sa closed, Su 7.15 - 11.30, 13.15 - 21.15 ( July, August: 7.15 - 11.30, 13.15 - 18.15)
Entrance from náměstí Republiky.
Large groups by telephone appointment only.