Breadcrumbs navigation

Ovocný trh

This small, narrow square sits in the space between Celetna and Rytířska streets. The market has been in existence since the early 13th century and was a centre of the fruit and vegetable trade until the early 20th century. Its current name has been in use since 1870. A number of famous Prague buildings are located on the square - the Estates Theatre (Stavovské divadlo), the Karolinum, the Kolowrat Palace, the House of the Black Madonna (Dům U Černé Matky Boží), and the rear part of the Myslbek Palace. Today, the Fruit Market is part of the Old Town pedestrian zone.

  • Monuments & Architecture
  • square/street

Contacts

  • Ovocný trh
  • Ovocný trh
  • 110 00 Praha 1- Staré Město

Programme