St Wenceslas Church at Zderaz
St Wenceslas Church at Zderaz was founded in the 12th century in the part of Prague called Zderaz; later it was rebuilt in the Gothic style. In the chancel, there are preserved mediaeval paintings. The net vault in the navy as well as the paintings here date back to the 16th century. The sculptures are works of renowned Czech sculptor and painter František Bílek. Since 1926, it has been administrated by the Czechoslovak Hussite Church.
Regular Worship Services:
- Sunday 6.00 p.m.: in English
- Sunday 9.30 a.m. in Czech
- 2nd and 3rd Sunday during the academical year: 7.00 p.m.
- May – October
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1.00 - 5.00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10.30 - 12.00 (the church is open for visitors; however, a guide is not available)
- November – April
- Thursday 1.00 - 5.00 (the church is open for visitors; however, a guide is not available)
Groups can arrange different time of their visits, guides speak English and German too.