Church of St Lawrence
Nearby the mirror maze travellers will find a Way of the Cross which leads to a single-nave Baroque church of St Lawrence. The current appearance of the church comes from a reconstruction in 1739-1745, which was probably based on plans of Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer. The builder was Ignazio Giovanni Palliardi. The church was viewed as a pilgrim site, with individual stops along the Way of the Cross, the chapel of Holy Sepulchre and the Cavalry, leading up to it.
Guided tours only upon advance request
The church was closed by a decree issued by Emperor Joseph II and re-consecrated in 1840. Since 1994, it has been on the lease to the Old Catholic Church. In 1995, it was elevated to a cathedral.
Inside the church there is a sculpture of Saint Lawrence by J. Lederer. The altarpiece depicts the martyrdom of St Lawrence and it is the work of Jean Claude Monnot. Three towers dominate the church, the two side towers are 24,5 metres tall while the centre tower with the cupola is 22.7 meeting tall.