Hilo de Ariadna
Parque inspirado según el estilo renacentista italiano, con una fuente y una cascada, un pequeño lago, pabellones, esculturas y una encantadora cueva artificial, en el que disfrutará de maravillosas vistas sobre Praga entre viñas y además podrá probar sus caldos en el Cenador del vino, o bien en la bella cafetería Pabellón Grébovka, que tiene una fantástica réplica de un juego de bolos antiguo, de la década de 1870.
Horario de apertura
Noviembre – Marzo
- Toda la semana
- 06.00 – 22.00
Abril – Octubre
- Toda la semana
- 06.00 – 24.00
- Jardines de Havlíček - Grébovka (Havlíčkovy sady – Grébovka)
- 120 00 Praha 2
Historia del edificio
Havlíček’s Park - Gröbovka, Grébovka
The Gröbovka garden is defined by the street called U Havlíčkových sadů, Rybalkova Street and the Botič Stream. It was established as an original part of the newly built estate of a factory owner Moritz Gröbe, who had a two-storied villa built in new-Renaissance style in the years 1871 - 1888 on the land plots of the former estates Lower and Upper Landhauska. The villa was built in place of Upper Landhauska, according to a project of Antonín Barvitius in cooperation with Josef Schulz, who mostly contributed to the building’s interior. The residential house at Lower Landhauska was preserved, but modified in new-Renaissance style. The formation of the surrounding premises was also inspired by Italian Renaissance - the terrace and staircase leading to the vineyard, grotta, theatron with a fountain and water cascade, a pond and waterworks, pavilions and statues by Bohuslav Schnirch. The grotta and the rock-gardens were designed by Josef Vorlíček.
Moritz Gröbe died in 1891 and it was problematic and costly for his heirs to keep the estate running. After the death of Gröbe’s wife, they rented it, and in 1905 they sold it to the town of Královské Vinohrady, which made some necessary modifications and on the 16th May 1906 opened it for public under the name of Havlíček’s Park.
The natural diversity of the place was used in establishing the garden. Park modifications were from the beginning realized in the spirit of year-round attractive place with picturesque corners and nicely perfected terrain.
Until the World War II, the garden was well kept and locked in the evenings. The bombing of Prague on the 14th February 1945 damaged the villa, the entrance gate, the vivarium (small zoo), and the garden became freely accessible without limitations. After clearing war traces, the historical value of the park was gradually destroyed, not only due to the lack of finances for maintenance, but namely due to vandalism.
In 1964, the area was declared an immovable cultural monument.
In the garden, there is a very diversified assortment of woody plants - up to 120 kinds (ginkgo trees, European ashes, nettle trees, European beeches, balsam poplars, Goldenrain trees, and many others).
The vineyard was established in place of a former terrain shift, to which 60,000 horse carriages of earth were brought during the construction of the Vinohrady tunnel. In the era between the wars, it was called the Chief Magistrate’s. It was used for growing wines such as Frankovka, Burgundy wine, St. Laurent wine, Portugal, Riesling, Traminer and Silvaner. At the end of the war, the vineyard was damaged and it dilapidated until 1993. In this year, the Prague 2 municipality became its owner and since 1997, the Vinohrady vintage celebration has been organized here every year. The vineyard produces its own wine, which was awarded a certificate from an expert committee. Among the varieties grown in the vineyard, there is also Müller - Thurgau, Pinot gris and Pinot noir.
The vineyard extends on 1.7 ha and annual wine production amounts to 4,000 litres.